Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Holy Update Batman!!!!!!!!

Holy Cow! 
   I just want to say first and foremost I am sorry that it has been such a long time since I updated anything. Life has been crazy these past several months and it seems that I just could never quite find the time! That being said... Let me give you some updates! 

A few months ago I was asked by a local shop to make some skirts for them. I will not lie... I was absolutely terrified. I had a million and one thoughts running through my head at all times making them that I made so many silly mistakes that I had to stop and fix it was just insane! After the first few were done and I got into my groove the rest came easily, my zippers cooperated, serger worked perfectly and my screw ups got fewer and fewer until there were none! Huzzah!! The end result...16 fun vintage inspired skirts.

For these ones I used Gertie's pattern for a full-gored skirt. I just shortened the hemline quite a bit and straightened the waist band. If you haven't made or tried on a skirt in this style I urge you to do so! they are twirly, feminine, and best of all flattering! Gertie's amazing book can be purchased here: I highly recommend it for sewers of all skill levels and ages!

I also used Gertie's pattern for my pencil skirts as well. Let me tell you these were the real winners! I used some vintage material and modern for these and they turned out wonderful! This one is my favorite!


I also made several A-line skirts and Drindl skirts that I self-drafted my own patterns for that turned out really well. Making all these skirts was a big nerve-wracking challenge despite the fact that I have made each style for myself several times now! This is my first time really sewing for others and I can say that I am incredibly proud of them and can't wait to get started on my next projects! Here's a picture of nearly all of them all lined up on my table :)














Also....P.s. A few of them even have lapped zippers! My first attempt can be seen on the left. I may not have done it for all of the skirts but on the ones I did I can definitely say I
am very happy about the results.






I hope that this post finds you well, gives you inspiration, and maybe even makes you try something new :) I promise that I will be back with more frequent updates. I have some really great projects on the horizon that I am just itching to get into.

As always think calming thoughts, a few deep breaths, and belt out a few notes of "Let It Go!" and you will be just fine! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment